Keep Your Pets Safe!!!
Many people enjoy sharing some of their Thanksgiving meal with their pets. However, it is important to be aware of the dangers that may exist to ensure your favorite furry friends enjoy a safe Thanksgiving.
• Never give your dog or cat raw or under cooked turkey as they, like people, are susceptible to salmonella bacteria.
• Do not give your pets stuffing since herbs, such as sage, even in small amounts... can cause an upset stomach and gastrointestinal problems.
• Never give your pets turkey bones.
• Never give a pet raw bread dough. The dough expands once it is eaten, causing vomiting, pain and bloating. Surgery may be required to correct the condition.
• Keep the kitchen trash can covered and out of the way of curious pets.
• Keep fresh flowers and plants out of the reach of cats and dogs. Many beautiful flowers are highly toxic to pets if ingested.