When you’re tackling something unfamiliar — booking a trip, doing your taxes — and you want to make sure it’s done right, you hire a professional. The same is true with car insurance.
Some agents sell policies from only one company, and others sell policies from multiple companies. An agent who sells policies from more than one company can offer you more options because they have more companies and insurance products to choose from.
Here are some important points about purchasing insurance from an independent insurance agent:
- Unlike other agents, an independent insurance agent is not tied to one insurance company. You don’t need to change agencies as your insurance and service needs change.
- An independent insurance agent treats you like a person, not a number. You can develop a personal relationship with your independent insurance agent. Can you do that with a voice on the phone? Your independent insurance agent has strong customer and community ties.
- An independent insurance agent offers one-stop shopping. Dealing with a direct response company or a captive agent limits you to the plans available through only one company. An independent insurance agent offers many plans through many companies, giving the consumer the potential for the broadest range of coverage at a competitive price. One call puts you in touch with someone who can do the comparison shopping for you.
- An independent insurance agent provides personalized claims service. When you purchase insurance from a direct response company or a captive agent, who is going to assist you in the event of a claim? Your independent insurance agent is there for you when you need help. Your agent can contact the insurance company and get the claim process rolling, help you fill out claim forms, advise you on the progress of your claim, and work closely with the insurance company to make sure you get a prompt and fair settlement of a valid claim.
A local agent talks with you about your vehicle and your life, and recommends options that match both.
When you’re ready to talk to a local agent, here are questions they might ask to create a policy that’s right for you:
- Do you have an older car? Once your car reaches a certain age, you can lower the amount of physical damage coverage. Your agent can adjust your policy accordingly. He or she also might suggest raising your deductible to save more money.
- What’s changed in your life lately? If you’ve recently moved, gotten married or had a birthday, you might be eligible for discounts.
- Do you need coverage for a different kind of vehicle? Your agent can help you get a discount for insuring multiple vehicles, and they don’t have to be cars. If you have a motorcycle, boat, RV, ATV or snowmobile, it needs insurance, too.
- Do you need to insure something other than a car? One of the main advantages of an agent who sells more than one company’s policies is the ability to pick the best matches for all of your insurance needs — home, business, life, etc.
Talk to a local agent today. He or she can help maximize your selection and savings.
Some people think it doesn't really matter where they buy their insurance. But this misconception could be costing them money, service and protection. Buying insurance isn't like buying bread or milk. Insurance is an important safety net for your family, your home, your car or your business. Don't treat the purchase lightly!
There is a difference in where you buy your protection. Many people don't realize there are three sources for insurance:
- Captive agents, who can sell you the insurance of only one company.
- Telephone representatives, who can offer you the insurance of one company and only on the telephone.
- Independent insurance agents, who represent an average of eight insurance companies and research with these firms to find you the best combination of price, coverage and service.
Contact us and see how we can save you money today!
Baldwin Insurance Agency
200 N. Jefferson Suite A
Kearney, Mo 64060
Phone (816) 628-0092
Fax (816) 635-9097