Homeowners Insurance Information
Because everyone’s needs are not the same, it is best to consult your agent to help assess your needs and find the insurance policy that is right for you.
Why do you need homeowners insurance??
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That’s important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you’d need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what’s included and what is not
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home’s features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy that can include coverages such as car insurance, business owners insurance, health insurance even coverage for items such as motorcycles, RVs and boats. Even security systems and fire resistance discounts.)
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Thank you for your interest in Baldwin Insurance Agency. We make the quote process quick and easy, begin your quote today! If you would like to speak to a home insurance professional please call our office at 816-628-0092 or you can email your questions and an agent will reply promptly.
Providing Experienced Insurance Coverage to:
Alma, Bates City, Belton, Bogard, Bosworth, Braymer, Breckenridge, Brookfield, Brunswick, Buckner, Camden, Carrollton, Centerview, Chillicothe, Columbia, Corder, Dover, Excelsior Springs, Gallatin, Grain Valley, Greenview, Greenwood, Hamilton, Hardin, Harrisonville, Henrietta, Higginsville, Holden, Holt, Jefferson City, Joplin, Kansas City, Kearney, Kidder, Kingston, Lathrop, Lawson, Lee’s Summit, Levasy, Lexington, Liberty, Lone Jack, Marshall, Maryville, Mayview, Missouri City, Napoleon, Oak Grove, Odessa, Orrick, Peculiar, Platte City, Plattsburg, Polo, Raymore, Rayville, Richmond, Savannah, Sedalia, Sibley, Smithville, Stet, Sugar Creek, Tina, Tracy, Trenton, Unity Village, Unity School, Wakenda, Wellington, Weston, Gower, Trimble, Edergton, Plattewoods, Parkville, Stewartsville, Osborn, Turney, Knoxville.